About me

Hello! My name is Hannah. Im currently enrolled in my BA  in hopes of eventually getting my  BEd in the next couples years. I love sports, dogs and food. This my lovely pupper named Pepper and I above. I’m planning to travel in the next year and experience a little more of the world. My biggest aspiration in life is to some how impact others in a positive way- I’m hoping with being a school teacher I can make a difference in at least one (but hopefully many) kids lives and be the person they need if they’re missing an important figure.

How did I end up here?

I can remember grade 1 like it was yesterday all thanks to one of the most influential teachers I’ve been blessed to have. Mrs. Holland is her name. Savi Holland was/is one of the most patient and caring teachers, she took the time with every kid in the class with their struggles. She didn’t favourite any one student and praised when was necessary. I remember our weekly reading that we had to do, we got these little 10-page story books and for some reason just her way of teaching left me feeling so confident.  I just remember grade 1 being one of the best years in my primary school life. I remember her character and energy that she brought every day to school. She is one of the few major reasons I’m pursuing teaching as a career. One of the most memorable things about Savi is that we share the same birthday! I remember she got me a gift at the end of the year since school ended so close to our birthdays. I have had Savi on Facebook for almost 10 years. She still posts every year at the beginning of a new school year about her excitement for her upcoming class and content she gets to teach.

Fast forward about 10 years to grade 10 and 11 math to my dearest math teacher, Mr. Presta. Mr. Presta was one of the best math teachers, he was able to explain the same content in multiple ways, he was always patient and was super genuine. He really cared that you learned the content and wanted you to excel. He never made your feel stupid for not understanding and gave a fair opportunity for partial marks on tests. He classes were always interesting, and he made you want to learn about all arithmetic. Mr. Presta’s values as teacher also left an impression on the type of teacher I’d like to be.